Monday, December 8, 2014

Little Lamb


This is the poem that my husband set to music and his students sang at Arthur's service. 

I was hoping to spend this Christmas season marveling at the incarnation while holding a little baby in my arms.  I wanted to ponder how amazing it is that God would become a little child.

But Jesus called Himself a lamb because He came to die for us.  The incarnation is beautiful and sad all at once, just like my memories of my son. 

"The Lamb"
from Songs of Innocence
William Blake

  Little Lamb who made thee
  Dost thou know who made thee
Gave thee life & bid thee feed.
By the stream & o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing wooly bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice:
  Little Lamb who made thee
  Dost thou know who made thee  

  Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
  Little Lamb I'll tell thee:
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb:
He is meek & he is mild,
He became a little child:
I a child & thou a lamb,
We are called by his name.
  Little Lamb God bless thee.
  Little Lamb God bless thee

No comments:

Post a Comment