![]() |
| Kronk listening to himself instead of talking to himself...as it were... |
In high school, my thoughts were profoundly impacted by
the following statement by Dr. Martin Lloyd-Jones:
Have you realized that most of
your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you are
listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself? (Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Cures)
listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself? (Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Cures)
My mind has a mind
of its own, and in the blink of an eye can send me on wild what-ifs that cause
my worry to spiral out of control.
Lloyd-Jones’ advice to say “Self, listen for a moment,” has helped me to
fight off anxiety more times than I can count.
No matter what whirlwind of emotion I am in, there is unchanging,
unmoving truth and reality waiting for me outside, untouched by the storm in my
mind and heart. I have to remind myself of this often. Thankfully, I have the Holy Spirit, who
brings that truth to the front of my mind; and I married a wonderful man who
will do the talking when I just can’t stop listening to myself.
I say all that to
let you know that when we have specific news about our son to share, we will
post the link to the blog on Facebook.
However, in between those times, I’d like to use this blog to talk to
myself, to bring to mind what I know to be true, regardless of whether or not
that is what I am feeling. Feel free to
listen in by following the blog or by looking it up from time to time, though I
am sure that I have nothing new or incredibly deep to add to the conglomeration
of wisdom and knowledge that is the internet (indeed, I have avoided blogging
because I feel so pretentious thinking that people should read what I have to
say…). Please also don’t assume that deep, true posts mean that I am an amazing,
spiritual person. On the contrary, it
probably means that my self needed quite a sermon!
In a few weeks we will begin meeting with new doctors at the hospital where we plan to deliver. As we learn more about what to expect, we will let you know. On a fun note, though, Arthur looked right at me on the sonogram the other day! His little face is pretty cute :)

No comments:
Post a Comment