Monday, August 18, 2014

Words to Live By

 


This weekend some very sweet friends spent some time praying for and with me, and they had also picked some Scriptures to read for me.  The thoughtfulness with which they selected verses to comfort and encourage me really touched my heart.  I would like to record what they read and said so I don't forget it!  Each verse deserves a sermon, but my dear friends knew I just needed God's words spoken with their love, so they said little else.  I hope that these truths bring you joy as they do me!

 Trusting in God looks like pouring out your heart to Him.

"My soul, wait in silence for God only,
For my hope is in Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be shaken.
On God my salvation and my glory rest;
The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, O people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."
~Psalm 62:5-8

Night is when all your worries and fears seem worst, but also when some of the deepest, sweetest times with the Lord come.

"The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night."
~Psalm 42:8

Even when you are overwhelmed with grief, God is there.
 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overflow you."
~Isaiah 43:2a
 
"This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
The Lord's lovingkindesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul,
Therefore I have hope in Him."
~Lamentations 3:21-24

Christ is everything!
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.  For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities - all things have been created through Him and for Him.  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
~Colossians 1:15-17



No comments:

Post a Comment